Saturday, April 12, 2008


Went to turn off the oven last night, and the knob starting sparking like crazy, then caught on fire. Darrick put the fire out, but it kept restarting until he managed to pull the stove out and unplug it. The fumes were horrible, but the house is aired out now, and we were able to keep the air in Alexander's room clear.

Fortunately, we didn't have to use the fire extinguisher. That would have been an annoying mess.

Darrick is perversely excited because now he can get a gas stove, which apparently is much, much better for cooking. We have hookups for gas and electric. Until we can fit this in the budget, however, we will be getting very creative with our microwave.

Sorry, no Alexander stories or photos because I have to get back to work (what with a fire interrupting my worktime yesterday). See the latest photos on I'll blog about our park adventures and all the crazy people we meet as well as the other kids as soon as I can.

No comments: